nearly Day 1 Prelim Dwell Recap will lid the most recent and most present opinion as regards the world. means in slowly so that you perceive capably and appropriately. will layer your information nicely and reliably
2022 U.S. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TRIALS
TUESDAY MORNING HEAT SHEETS
The US Worldwide Group Trials, which is able to function the choice meet for this summer time, together with June’s World Championships, get underneath means this morning in Greensboro, North Carolina. Day 1 will contains prelim races of the 200 fly and the 100 free. The ladies’s 800 free and males’s 1500 free can even be contested right now as timed ultimate race with the early heats swimming this afternoon earlier than the highest heats race in finals. Racing begins at 9 AM Jap Time.
Stanford freshman Regan Smith is available in as the highest seed within the ladies’s 200 fly, and her Olympic teammate Hali Flickinger is correct behind her with the pair seeded nicely forward of the sphere. Cal’s Trenton Julian is available in as the highest seed within the males’s 200 fly, however Georgia undergrad Luca Urlando, the third seed, really holds the sphere’s quickest lifetime greatest from highschool.
A slew of Olympians spotlight the ladies’s 100 free, with Abbey Weitzeil, Torri Huske and Erika Brown holding the highest three seeds. Florida professional Caeleb Dressel, the third-fastest man ever within the 100 free, holds the highest seed on the lads’s facet.
Ladies’s 200 fly
- World File: Zige Liu (CHN): 2:01.81 (2009)
- American File: Mary Descenza (2009): 2:04.14
- US Open File: Hali Flickinger (USA): 2:05.85 (2021)
- Jr World File: Suzuka Hasegawa (JPN): 2:06.29 (2017)
High 8 qualifiers:
- Hali Flickinger (SUN): 2:07.75
- Charlotte Hook (TAC): 2:09.51
- Emma Sticklen (TEX): 2:09.71
- Regan Smith (Unattached): 2:09.83
- Olivia Carter (MICH): 2:09.84
- Rachel Klinker (Unattached): 2:10.66
- Lindsay Looney (Unattached): 2:10.80
- Amanda Ray (FLOR): 2:10.85
There was a prolonged delay earlier than warmth three on account of an obvious timing system error, however that didn’t throw off second seed Hali Flickinger, who cruised to the warmth win in 2:07.75. Flickinger ended up as the highest qualifer.
High seed Regan Smith used a robust again half handily win her warmth in 2:09.83. Smith certified fourth general following the heats.
TAC Titans’ Charlotte Hook, a highschool senior and Stanford commit, gained her warmth in 2:09.51 to qualify second general.
Males’s 200 fly
- World File: Kristof Milak (HUN): 1:50.73 (2019)
- American File: Michael Phelps (2009): 1:51.51
- US Open File: Michael Phelps (USA): 1:52.20 (2008)
- Junior World File: Kristof Milak (HUN): 1:53.79 (2017)
High 8 qualifiers:
- Trenton Julian (Unattached): 1:54.34
- Zach Harting (CARD): 1:55.83
- Chase Kalisz (ABSC): 1:56.04
- Luca Urlando (DART): 1:56.50
- Alexander Colson (Unattached): 1:56.50
- Gabriel Jett (Unattached): 1:56.77
- Jace Crawford (FLOR): 1:57.40
- Nicolas Albiero (UOFL): 1:57.81
Cal’s Trenton Julian blasted an enormous swim within the prelims, chopping practically 4 tenths off of his seed to take the highest seed in 1:54.34. He swam away from his warmth and held on the ultimate 50.
Louisville professional Zach Harting cruised to victory in his warmth, holding his second seed to qualify 2nd in 1:55.83. Touching simply behind him in his warmth was Georgia professional Chase Kalisz, who certified third in 1:56.04.
Luca Urlando, who got here in because the third seed, certified fourth in 1:56.50. Urlando regarded robust by way of the primary 150 however a 32 second ultimate break up noticed him fade to a 1:56, nicely off his lifetime greatest.
Whereas not qualifying for the A ultimate, 15 12 months previous Thomas Heilman of Cavalier Aquatics blasted a brand new lifetime better of 1:58.01 to qualify for the B ultimate.
Ladies’s 100 free
- World File: Sarah Sjostrom (SWE): 51.71
- American File: Simone Manuel (2019): 52.04
- US Open File: Simone Manuel (USA): 52.54
- Junior World File: Penny Oleksiak (CAN): 52.70
High 8 qualifiers:
- Natalie Hinds (Unattached): 53.77
- Claire Curzan (TAC)/Torri Huske (Unattached): 54.16
- Mallory Comerford (CARD): 54.18
- Abbey Weitzeil (CAL): 54.19
- Erika Brown (TNAQ): 54.27
- Olivia Smoliga (SUN): 54.32
- Kate Douglass (UVA): 54.58
Florida-based professional Natalie Hinds put up a powerful 53.77 to take the highest seed heading into the ultimate. Hinds was a member of the Olympic crew final summer time within the 4×100 free relay.
TAC Titans’ senior Claire Curzan tied together with her future Stanford teammate Torri Huske for second in 54.16, whereas Louisville professional Mallory Comerford dropped a bit from her seed to qualify fourth in 54.18.
High seed Abbey Weitzeil certified fifth in 54.19, whereas Tennessee professional Erika Brown, who represented the US on this occasion eventually summer time’s Olympic Video games, certified sixth in 54.27.
Males’s 100 free
- World File: Cesar Cielo Filho (BRA): 46.91 (2009)
- American File: Caeleb Dressel (2019): 46.96
- US Open File: Caeleb Dressel/Ryan Held (USA): 47.39
- Junior World File: Andrei Minakov (RUS): 47.57 (2020)
High 8 Qualifiers:
- Caeleb Dressel (GSC): 48.12
- Ryan Held (NYAC): 48.20
- Drew Kibler (TEX): 48.28
- Brooks Curry (TAQ): 48.36
- Kieran Smith (FLOR): 48.50
- Hunter Armstrong (OSU): 48.55
- Zach Apple (ISC): 48.57
- Justin Ress (MVN): 48.73
High seed Caeleb Dressel took care of enterprise this morning, qualifying first in 48.12. He held off a hard-charging Brooks Curry, who gained the NCAA title final month. Curry certified fourth in 48.36.
Arizona State professional Ryan Held certified second in 48.20, whereas Texas senior Drew Kibler certified third in 48.28. Florida senior Kieran Smith, greatest recognized for his mid-distance prowess, appears to increasing his vary shorter as he dropped practically a full second from his seed to qualify fifth in 48.50.
I want the article kind of Day 1 Prelim Dwell Recap provides notion to you and is helpful for surcharge to your information